CONDITIONS FOR ELIGIBILITY
2023 Chelsea Film Festival 11th Edition
• Entries must be New York City premieres and have been completed in 2022 or 2023. Films shown in other festivals (in-person or online) or public screenings in New York are not eligible for consideration. Contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org if your film is a WORLD PREMIERE.
• Films must be from emerging filmmakers (First timer/Second timers. This rule only applies for Feature-length Films. If you have directed more than 2 short films, you are eligible).
• Work can only be submitted via streaming video on FilmFreeway.
• Exhibition Format authorized: DCP only.
• Feature-length Films and Documentaries must not exceed 90 minutes.
• Short Films must be under 20 minutes maximum.
• TV Series must be under 40 minutes maximum.
• Films must not have been released on any online platforms or online film festivals prior to the Chelsea Film Festival (i.e. Amazon, iTunes, Vimeo, YouTube, etc.)
• Films in any language other than English must be subtitled in English.
• Theme: Global Issues
• Use hashtag #CFF2023 on social media once project is submitted.
• Submissions are not refundable.
Force Majeur Clause: Due to Covid-19 pandemic and unforeseen outcome, the Chelsea Film Festival reserves the right to postpone or move the event to a digital platform if necessary.